Days out used to be a nightmare with Diddles when he was 3/4, he was like an overgrown very irritated toddler but now that he is 5, it is like something has clicked and he has new interests emerging all the time! We brought him bowling for the second time ever yesterday and he was so focused and absolutely loved that he could be involved in the game. He was so excited and yet still patiently waited for his turn to come around ( and there were 5 other people to take turns). "Patiently" and "waited" are not words I would usually have near a sentence with his name in it! It is great to see an interest that is not computer game related or TV related. He got a real thrill from bowling and even managed a spare or two!
We also brought the boys to a kids amusement center afterward and he got on the bumper boats with his Dad. After refusing only once and then ten minutes later he realised it was safe and said "I want boats please". This seems to be a pattern with him, he always refuses once then goes to mull over the concept for a while and gives in to his curiosity. So it seems the protest is only fear of the unknown.
On summer holidays last year we realised he was a real water baby! I can not swim. I never learned and I am very ashamed of that fact. Me being a true Piscean and all! I am a wimp but I really am trying to conquer the fear, My brother has been trying to teach me on holidays over the last two years. I always seem to think I'm drowning when my head goes under the water I panic and end up swallowing a litre of chlorine (blech!) I'll never stop trying until I get it!
| Deep in meaningful conversation in a pub! (He's definitely starting early) |




9 comments:
He is such a cutie! Thats fantastic that he's enjoying the bowling. Its not something I've tried with Munchkin yet but may now (thanks for the idea :) Like Diddles, she'll refuse a few times and then try in her own time and then love new activities. Great pictures xx
Bowling is one of the few activities that all three of my kids can enjoy together, they don't look as cute in the photos tho'!
Great day Zarah! "Diddles" is amazing everyone every day with his achievements! And they are both soooo well behaved - a credit to you both!!!
Wow! Bowling? That is truly amazing...took us a very long time of "try and try again" and Social stories to achieve successful bowling outings! Your Diddles rocks...as does your madman...of course!!
xx Jazzy
I know exactly what you mean by the youngest surprising you, mine is the same, she really benefits form the learning programme too:) Well done on the adventure :) Jen
@Petunia Thanks :) It is definitely worth a try, He really loves it!
@Bluesky its great they all enjoy it together too. xx
@Trish you guys all being there made their day really. They were in their element :D x
@Jazzy I know, I would have thought the vibrations in the floor or the crowds of kids would have phased him! We were shocked the first time and he didnt want to leave lol.
@Jen I'm sure her cuteness and madman would have A LOT in common :D
How sweet! And I love that swimming jacket - could really do with a couple of those for my two.
Left an award for you over at mine x
Wow! Patience AND waiting...I'm seriously impressed XXX
Post a Comment